For the Pizza:
- 1 pound Pizza Dough, I love using my Perfect Garlic Agave Pizza Crust!
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Red Onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
For the Fried Buffalo Chicken:
- 2 large Chicken Breasts, skinless, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Canola Oil, for frying
For the Buffalo Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 2/3 cup Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- pinch of Granulated Sugar
For the Blue Cheese Avocado Dressing:
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/8 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1/8 cup Chopped Italian Parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Chives, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Add the chunks of chicken breast to a small bowl. Add buttermilk and 1 teaspoon of salt to the bowl and mix well with the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend ingredients for the blue cheese avocado dressing until smooth. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the buffalo sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and add pizza stone to the oven to preheat. Roll out pizza dough to desired shape.
- Add to hot pizza stone and pre-bake for 5 to 7 minutes until just starting to turn golden brown. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, and pepper for the fried buffalo chicken is a large sealable bag. Seal and shake the bag well to combine the dry ingredients.
- Using a slotted spoon, drain the chicken pieces over the bowl and then add to the bag with the flour mixture.
- Once all the chicken has been added to the bag, seal the bag and shake well until all of the chicken pieces are covered with the mixture.
- In a medium heavy saucepan, heat approximately 5 inches of canola oil over medium heat until the oil reaches 350°F.
- Add the chicken pieces, frying about 5 at a time, for about 4-5 minutes until the chicken is golden brown. You may want to cut a piece open to make sure there is no pink inside or you can test the chicken with a thermometer, making sure it reaches at least 165°F.
- Drain on a pan lined with paper towels. Once all the chicken is fried, add to a small bowl with 1/2 the buffalo sauce.
- Mix until all the chicken has a good coating of sauce.
- Spread the remaining 1/2 of the buffalo sauce on the pizza crust.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and sliced red onion.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until melty and bubbling.
- Remove from oven. Top with chicken, blue cheese crumbles, chopped chives and chopped parsley.
- Drizzle over blue cheese avocado dressing. Serve immediately.