The first time I tried a Mojito I didn’t like it. Like at all. But then again it wasn’t this White Peach Basil and Blueberry Mojito that I am sharing with you all today.
- 4 Collins glasses
- White Peach Infused light rum
- White Peach simple Syrup
- ⅔ cup Blueberries
- 3-4 tbsp Basil, chiffonade
- ½ white peach, diced
- Club soda or sparkling water, cold
- 3 semi firm white peaches
- 3 mason jars pint sized, with lids
- Bacardi silver rum
- 1 white peach
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Peel and cut the peaches in half and remove the pit. If they are hard to peel, blanch in simmering water for 30 seconds, then place immediately into an ice bath. The skin should remove easily then. Dice into 1” chunks and place one peach in each mason jar. Fill with light or silver rum to the top. Screw on the lid and lightly swirl the jar around. Keep in refrigerator for at least a week to infuse with peach flavor. Shake the jars gently once a day. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- Peel and slice the peach in half, remove the pit. Dice into 1” chunks. Place the peach chunks in a saucepan with the sugar and water and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Lower the temperature and simmer for 10-15 min until the mixture starts to thicken, stirring occasionally and mashing the peaches against the side of the pan. Turn off the heat and let cool for1-2 hours. Strain into a jar, such as a mason jar and keep refrigerated until use. Will keep 2 weeks in refrigerator
- Strain the peach infused rum into a measuring cup. In the Collins glasses divide the basil and blueberries. Add in 2 tbsp of the white peach simple syrup to each glass and gently muddle the blueberries and basil. Don’t smash too much.. Add ice, and 2-3 ounces of the peach infused rum and top with club soda or sparkling water. Top with a few pieces of diced peach and serve immediately.