Skip to content
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil (or canola)
- 3 cups pulled pork
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, diced (seeds removed if you want it less spicy)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 10 – 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for frying
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in pulled pork, red onion and jalapeño. Cook just until pork is warmed through and red onion and jalapeño have softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in BBQ sauce.
- To assemble the egg rolls: using one egg roll wrapper with one point towards you, place 1 tablespoon of filling about an inch from the point closest to you. Working away from you, fold the wrapper over the filling. Next fold in both sides. Dip a pastry brush into the egg and brush the edges. Continue rolling to seal completely. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a skillet to 350 degrees. Fry egg rolls, in batches if necessary so you don’t crowd the pan, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate, sprinkle with salt. Repeat until all egg rolls are fried.
- Serve with extra BBQ sauce for dipping.
Mac ‘n Cheese Rolls
- 1 box Annie’s Homegrown Shells & White Cheddar Mac ‘n Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup bacon, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, scrambled
- oil, to fry
- blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot
- 1 lime
Mac ‘n Cheese Rolls
- Make boxed Annie’s Shells & White Cheddar per instructions (boil water, cook pasta, drain).
- Instead of box instructions for adding milk and butter, add the milk, butter, Frank’s and bacon listed in this recipe.
- Add cornstarch and mix well.
- Allow mixture to cool completely. I placed in refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350 F.
- When pasta mix has cooled, mix in blue cheese crumbles and parsley.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of mixture in center of egg roll wrapper and fold.
- Seal the last fold with egg wash and close roll well.
- Fry until golden. Remove to drain and cool to handle.
- Mix Frank’s with sour cream and a simple squeeze of the lime well.
- Top fried rolls with blue cheese dressing and buffalo sauce.