- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices french bread
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Sriracha Guacamole Ingredients
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Make the guacamole first so the flavors have a chance to meld. To make the guacamole, mash avocados together in a bowl. Add in remaining guacamole ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over a medium heat. Cook onions over medium-low heat until they start to brown and caramelize. About 20 minutes. Add in pulled pork. Cook just until pork is warmed through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To assemble a sandwich, butter one side of each slice of bread. With the buttered side down, place one slice of cheese on the bread. Top with 1/4 of the pork. Spoon guacamole over the top. Place a second slice of cheese on top of the guacamole and place another slice of bread on top with the buttered side facing up. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In the same skillet that you cooked the pork and onions in, cook sandwiches over medium heat until bread is golden brown and cheese has melted. Serve immediately.