Sages throughout the ages mixed up tasty, magical elixirs for happiness and health. Now, the fresh fish experts at Bonefish Grill are taking “sage” to the next level, mixing a new handcrafted Pomegranate Sage Martini that drink-wise guests will be able to enjoy from February 7-May 1.
Served in a frozen martini glass, the light and refreshing Pomegranate Sage Martini, combines vodka, fresh sage simple syrup, POM Wonderful 100% pomegranate juice, Cointreau, fresh squeezed lemon juice and Agostura Bitters. Pomegranate juice contains the antioxidants essential for health – especially skin. Topping the cocktail off with a fresh sage leaf adds a uniquely delicious twist to the mix.
- Your favorite vodka 1.5 oz
- Fresh Sage Simple Syrup 1 oz
- POM Wonderful 100% pomegranate juice 1 oz
- Cointreau OR similar orange/flavored liqueur .25 oz
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice 1 oz
- Angostura Bitters 2 dashes
- Pasteurized Egg Whites .50 oz (optional)
Method to Mixing:
- Pack a pint glass or a martini shaker with ice.
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin and shake until icy cold.
- Strain into a frozen martini glass.
- Garnish with fresh sage leaf for garnish.
Get your drink on at Bonefish with the Fresh Watermelon Martini, featuring hand-muddled watermelon, fresh sour mix and house-made English cucumber vodka infusion, garnished with frozen watermelon cubes. It’s perfect for National Watermelon Day!
- 1.5 oz Your Favorite Vodka
- 2 each Cucumber Slices
- 2 cubes Fresh Watermelon
- .25 oz Simple Syrup
- .50 oz Fresh Sour Mix
- Combine the watermelon cubes, cucumber slices and simple syrup in a glass and muddle well. Add your favorite vodka, and fresh sour mix. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass! Garnish with frozen watermelon cubes or a fresh cucumber slice.
Secrets to Shake it Up:
- Really impress your friends by making your own refreshing cucumber vodka! Slice a cucumber and place in your favorite vodka and allow to infuse for 24- 48 hours.
- If you like your cocktails on the sweeter side add a bit more simple syrup.
- Like Margaritas? Substitute Tequila for Vodka and increase your sour mix to 1.5 ounce, shake and strain over ice into a glass with a salt rim!
Bonefish Grill is turning National Martini Day into a month-long celebration in June. While the official day dedicated to America’s favorite cocktail is June 19th, the fresh fish experts are offering guests a flavorful array of hand-crafted martinis priced at $5 every Monday for the entire month.
Bonefish Grill martinis are already a favorite on the restaurant’s extensive bar menu – perfectly complementing their wood-grilled fresh fish and seasonal seafood offerings. In fact, the mighty martini is on-the-rise nationwide. A report published by the U.S. Beverage Alcohol Forum found that vodka – a main ingredient in martinis – accounts for over a third of all spirits consumed in the country, and that number continues to grow.
“At Bonefish Grill, we’re known for our hand-crafted cocktails all year ‘round,” said Leigh Merritt of Bonefish Grill. “We’re excited to give our guests another reason to love our martinis.”
Bonefish Grill features classic favorites as well as seasonally-inspired recipes. The selection includes flavors to please every palate, from tastes of the tropics in its Wild Orchid Hawaiian Martini and Ocean Trust Tropic Heat Martini recipes to classics like the Ultimate Infused Dirty Martini to fruity creations featuring Fresh Pineapple, Fresh Raspberry, Strawberry Rosé, and Pomegranate Martinis.
The origin of National Martini Day is unknown, though the cocktail made its first definitive appearance in the 1888 edition ofThe Bartenders Manual by Harry Johnson. In mixing a martini, the ingredients are poured over ice and shaken together, then strained into its signature glass. Bonefish Grill takes hand-crafting martinis to another level, starting with its house-infused vodkas, adding fresh squeezed juices, then shaking the carefully mixed concoction a minimum of 20 times to ensure the drink is ice cold.
Guests can enjoy June’s $5 Monday martini offering at Bonefish Grill restaurants nationwide. Open daily, hours and participation vary by location.