- 1 lb. pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus a bit more, to taste, if desired)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 13oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered, if whole
- 1-1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- Shredded Parmesan, for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil + more for drizzling
Place 10-inch cast iron skillet in to cold oven and preheat oven to 500 F. with the skillet in the oven. Leave in the oven 5-10 minutes after the oven has preheated.
In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, mozzarella, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside. Prepare the artichokes and set aside. On a well-floured surface, press/stretch your pizza dough out in to a roughly 10-inch circle and have ready.
Carefully remove skillet from oven and brush with a bit of olive oil. Carefully fit the pizza dough in to skillet, pushing it up the sides slightly. Do be careful here! Skillet is hot!! Place skillet with dough only in oven and bake 2-3 minutes, or until it sets slightly.
Remove from oven and top with cheese mixture, spreading to cover evenly (except raised sides). Top with artichokes. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, toss spinach with a bit of olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Remove skillet from oven, top with spinach and return to the oven for a final 7-10 minutes, or until topping is bubbling and crust is crisp.
Top with shredded Parmesan cheese. Let cool a few minutes before serving, to allow it to set a bit.